1. The WCB in late 2004 supplied the GVRD LRB with figures of projected cost and they were an increase of over 30 cents for recognition of 10 listed cancers of which 7 were recognized, not all 10.
2. A further 30 cents would apply to 10 years of retroactivity, which we did not get.
3. All of the councils and the GVRD LRB were given the above correct figures by both their GVRD representatives and us during the lobby so they had full knowledge of the projected cost before making the decision to support our lobby which well over 80 % of them did.
The answers to any similar figures that may arise in your jurisdiction are:
· That the councils and the Government made their decisions to support our cancer presumption with the real figures before them.
· These numbers are a scare tactic that some anonymous entity has put out to try to scare employers. We will look to the figures that the WCB supplied during debate to be closer to the truth.
· Anonymous statements have no recognition in legitimate discussion on this issue.
Chair WCB Committee